As a copy editor, it`s important to not only focus on grammar and spelling but also the tone and language used in the content. One way to show attentiveness to the reader is through the use of certain words and phrases that convey agreement and understanding. These words can help to establish a connection with the reader and build trust in the messaging being conveyed.
1. “Absolutely” – This word is a strong affirmation of agreement and adds emphasis to the statement being made. It conveys a sense of certainty and conviction.
Example: “I absolutely agree that customer satisfaction should be our top priority.”
2. “Indeed” – This word is often used to confirm or agree with a previous statement or point made. It`s a subtle way to acknowledge agreement while adding depth to the conversation.
Example: “Our sales have increased by 25% this quarter, indeed a great accomplishment for our team.”
3. “Definitely” – Similar to “absolutely”, this word conveys confidence and certainty in agreement. It`s a strong statement that leaves little room for doubt.
Example: “We definitely need to invest more in our marketing efforts to reach a wider audience.”
4. “Agreed” – This simple word expresses an understanding of a point made and shows that the writer is on the same page as the reader. It`s a concise way to show agreement.
Example: “Agreed, we need to explore new strategies to improve our productivity.”
5. “Absolutely right” – This phrase takes the affirmation of “absolutely” and adds an extra layer of agreement by specifically noting that the point made is correct or accurate.
Example: “You`re absolutely right, we do need to focus more on social media engagement.”
In conclusion, incorporating these words and phrases into your writing can help to create a more engaging and relatable tone, building a stronger connection with the reader. Remember to use them meaningfully and appropriately to ensure your messaging is clear and effective.